For some people, a morning sip of a warm, flavorful coffee can be comforting and even uplifting, while others choose to savor a strong coffee throughout the day because it helps them get through the day and perform more effectively and enthusiastically.
The answer is clear if you're wondering what makes a coffee strong in terms of taste and impact. It's the caffeine strength of the beans. Aside from that, the techniques and coffee-to-water ratios affect its strength.
One wrong assumption about the coffee is that darker-roasted coffee beans have a stronger flavor and impact. The reality is rather different. The longer a coffee is roasted, the richer the flavor and the lower the caffeine strength.
Difference Between Kona Coffee and Columbian Coffee
A light roast, on the other hand, keeps the caffeine of the coffee from breaking down into tiny pieces, which avoids concentration loss. Now that you know what affects the strength of a coffee, let’s get to know which coffee is stronger than the other in the case of Kona coffee and Columbian coffee
- Kona is a mild Arabica coffee with a lively flavor and a gentle, smooth finish. It has no harsh aftertaste. Kona has a unique semi-sweet flavor as well as a rich and prominent aroma.
- The optimal brew ratio for Kona beans is an 18-to-1 water-to-coffee ratio.
- A cup of Kona coffee roasted to a medium dark level has 54 mg of caffeine on average.
- Kona coffee has more caffeine than regular Columbian coffee
- The majority of Colombian beans are Arabica, which means they have a more complex flavor profile. Colombian coffee beans characterize chocolate, nuts, spices, fruit, and zesty acidity.
- These beans yield a gentle, well-balanced coffee with a medium, velvety body, tropical undertones, and a fruity, spicy scent.
- Colombian coffee is best brewed using the Aeropress or Espresso techniques and requires 0.7 cups of clean, pure water for every 2 teaspoons of ground coffee.
- The Caffeine level in Columbian coffee ranges from 30mg to 50mg and is hence weaker than a Kona coffee.
In recent years, coffee consumption has reached an all-time high. According to the National Coffee Drinking Trends study from the United States National Coffee Association, over 64% of Americans drink coffee on a daily basis, a figure that appears to be rising year after year. Coffee connoisseurs take pleasure in calling coffee an experience of textures, flavors, and aromas. If you are a coffee enthusiast, you’ve come to the right place. Dive into the world of coffee with Social Brew and fall in love with the unique Hawaiian coffee blends and premium notes we bring to the table. Feel the goodness that transcends beyond your cup. Buy Social Brew Kona Coffee online now!